Sunday, 27 March 2011

What’s next?

Toby will start another 1 week course of steroids on the 31st March.  On that date we also have to go back to Hastings Hospital for more Chemo (the same stuff he had on Day 8).

We are not due back in Starship until Wednesday 13th April (and that is only if his bloods taken the day before are good enough for him to go).  This will be Day 29 and when we start on MORE drugs that Toby has never had.

I have heard from different people that the SDI phase can be a nasty one where the kids get really sick and all their levels go haywire which means treatment has to be delayed for a few weeks, so I am dreading the next 8 weeks thinking that Toby might pick up every bug imaginable and have his treatment delayed.  I hope not, but time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment