Saturday, 11 February 2012

Welcome to 2012

Well here we are in February of 2012 already!!!!

When I last wrote Toby was due for his routine monthly chemo in Hastings Hospital - this was a straight forward visit and all went well.

I was holding my breath as we approached Christmas (especially because we were having Christmas Dinner at our place with 18 adults + 6 children!!!) so i really needed Toby to be well.  Luckily he was 100% and we had a fantastic day with our families.  I can't describe how good it felt for everything to just feel "normal".

On Wednesday 18th January we headed up to Starship for the usual stuff (clinic, bloods and chemo via Lumbar puncture in theatre) and all went well again.  Bevan made the trip with us for the first time in ages which was neat.

Toby has been really well since our last Hospital stay (for high temps) in early November.  He has put on weight, his hair has grown like crazy and he has SO much energy!!!  I even asked the Oncologist at Starship if it was ok for him to be doing so well as I was a little worried he wasn't looking sick enough!!!  He said that he was just one of the lucky ones.  I guess the summer months will always better with less bugs around than in winter though anyway.

We have had a busy month with our Annual family trip to Palmerston North (for speedway) and a trip to Mount Maunganui (for Bevan's Great Aunt and Uncles 60th Wedding Anniversary celebrations).  We are just so thankful that Toby was well enough to make those trips with us :)

The latest dilemma in our lives is Kindergarten.................to send or not to sent?  That is the question!!! Basically if we put Toby into Kindy then we are putting his health at risk due to all the bugs he can catch easily from other kids (so he would end up in Hospital lots and possibly extremely sick) and if we don't put him in then he won't be getting that interaction with other kids, or the learning and skills he will need in preparation for School.  Arrrggggghhhh it is seriously doing my head in, but I am the only one that can make the decision and I'm not so good at making decisions!!!!  It's just so frustrating having to rely on other parents not sending their sick kids to Kindy in order to protect mine (and don't even get me started on parents who don't immunise their kids grrrrrrrrrrrrrr).  Anyway, that's just a little rant and I'm allowed right??!!

Next on the agenda is Toby's routine monthly trip to Hastings Hospital for chemo on the 16th February.

3 comments:

  1. Yah for all the fab news, you're a star Mr T xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome huh? I swear he is being helped along by all the love and positive vibes that friends like you radiate across the country!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a hard decision re kindy. I wouldn't know what to do either. LOVE that photo Jodes, it's lovely :o) xx

    ReplyDelete